0 Likes
(@christines2060)
Topic starter

I am also very interested.

Chris

Posted : 02/10/2017 4:31 pm
(@hawej)
Member Moderator

We all know that the treatment and cures will be found in clinical trials. I am looking for a clinical trial that is focused solely on carcinosarcoma. Is anyone currently enrolled in a clinical trial anywhere in the world specifically targeted to carcinosarcoma. There are many clinical trials out there for ovarian and uterine cancers. I am hoping to find one for carcinosarcoma. Thank you so much for responding. Jayne

Posted : 14/08/2017 3:45 pm
(@stephanie)

Very interested as well!!

Posted : 14/08/2017 5:50 pm
(@brenda-r)

Me too!

Posted : 02/10/2017 8:42 am
(@diane)
Member Moderator

The GCS Project is supporting development of and access to clinical trials for carcinosarcoma. We believe that this is where the cures are going to be found. I just returned from Birmingham, Alabama after meeting with Dr. Birrer and his team.The team is comprised of Dr. Warner Huh who is head of the Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UAB; Dr. Rebecca Arend who is Assistant Professor of Gynecological Oncology and is expanding her research to include GCS; and Dr. Mansoor Saleh who is the Director of the Phase One Clinical Trials unity.

There is currently one clinical trial open for solid tumors. It is not specific to carcinosarcoma but the trial will accept GCS patients because we have solid tumors. It is called A Study Exploring the Safety and Efficacy of INCAGN01949 in Combination With Immune Therapies in Advanced or Metastatic Malignancies.

Here is what I know about the trial: It is phase 1 immunology trial. (if you do not understand the differences between Phases 1,2,3 and 4, here is a link to the Society of Gynecological Oncology website. The site includes several videos: https://www.sgo.org/patients-caregivers-survivors/clinical-trials/

This trial will test 2-3 agents including Opdivo, Yervoy and an experimental drug called OX40. The study participant may receive Opdivo and OX40, Yervoy and OX40 or all 3 drugs. Very basically, OX40 is designed to ramp up our T cells. T cells are antibodies that kill off foreign invaders like cancer. If we do not have enough T cells, we cannot fight off these foreign invaders.

However, even if we have enough T cells, the cancer will find a way to block the T-cells from attacking the cancer. Opdivo and Yervoy are immunotherapies that remove these blockades and enable the T-cells to do their work. (This is very basic).

This particular trial is designed to test these 3 agents. There are other trials that test similar agents. As we become aware of them, we will post them. For more detailed information about this trial, here is a link to ClinicalTrials.gov where you can find much more information about the study, the drug company, eligibility requirements and enrollment information.
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03241173

This may or may not be the right trial for you. Speak to you Oncologist to see if it is right for you.

Posted : 09/02/2018 4:54 am
(@shcolwell)

Hi, Diane! Is the clinical trial you are enrolling in at UAB? Or will you be at another of the locations? Thanks! Suzanne

Posted : 14/02/2018 5:44 am
(@diane)
Member Moderator

Hi Suzanne,
I will be enrolled in the trial at UAB. I will have to travel to UAB every 2 weeks. The trial is being conducted at other sites, but none in Utah where I live. I decided that if I have to travel for a trial, I may as well go to UAB as to continue to work with Dr. Birrer.

Posted : 18/02/2018 5:04 am
Share:

News and Events