GCS Home Forum Share Your Story Dealing with GCS diagnosis

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ann 4 days, 6 hours ago.

• Author

ann
    Participant

Lisa,

Sorry to be so long responding!! I had a friend doing a job interview today, and I was helping her get organized!

I live in central Mississippi – near the capitol, Jackson, so it would be way out of your way! Where in Kentucky are you going? I have relatives there! Maybe I’ll invite myself for a visit!

Hope things are going well for you!!

Ann

Lisa Myers
    Participant

Anne, we are from Pennsylvania and are headed to Kentucky and Texas, New Mexico and then out Las Vegas where my daughter and SoCal where my husbands family lives.
    Where in Mississippi do you live? I’d love to be able to meet!

ann
    Participant

Lisa,

What fun!! I took a trip to Alaska last year after I was told I was cancer free! It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget!! I am not good about stepping out on my own, but I am learning to do that since I was diagnosed with cancer! Cancer has a way of making you move on!! Don’t know where you and your husband are starting or where you are going, but if you come through Mississippi, I would love to meet you!

My next appointments are in June! I am trying to keep busy not worrying about them!!

Hope your next treatment goes well! You are on the countdown! That is always good!

Keep in touch!

Ann

Lisa Myers
    Participant

Yes! I’m halfway through! 3 more treatments to go! I’m going to get Euflexxa shots in my knees and hope that helps! I can’t take anything due to the blood thinner I’m on. At least after chemo is over I should have some relief. It’s aggravating not being able to walk much. I’m not a physical fitness fan! I used to enjoy walking. I am ride a stationary bike a little bit!
    We just got a camper today! We are moving the retirement travel plans to now! Planning a cross country trip near the end of July as long as I have a clear scan in June!

ann
    Participant

Lisa,

Glad to hear you are finished with three rounds! Does that make you half-way now? I can’t remember how many rounds you were doing! So sorry about the joint pain! Know how that fatigue can hit you, but rest so you can feel better as quickly as possible!

Continuing to pray for you every day as you walk this path!

Ann

Lisa Myers
    Participant

Just had my third round of chemo. Joint pain was/is bad again. Neuropathy has spread to more fingers and toes. But I’m hoping that the chemo is killing those cancer cells! Laying around, resting, now fighting the fatigue.
    Hope everybody else is doing well!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

GCS FORUM

The GCS community is here for you. Our forum offers support, latest news, education, connections and a safe place to ask your questions.

REGISTER

In order to participate in discussions, or get notified of updates registration is required. Register Here

EXISTING USERS

Use your existing credentials to log in to our new Forum. Login Here or Reset Your Password

• MOST LIKED CONTENT