Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Dedicated Carcinosarcoma Clinic at the University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center

GCS Project Home Forum Physicians & Cancer Centers – What is your experience? Dedicated Carcinosarcoma Clinic at the University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center Reply To: Dedicated Carcinosarcoma Clinic at the University of Alabama Comprehensive Cancer Center

Kathy Stefanac
Participant

Hi Diane, I live in Canada (Toronto area). Do you know if the doctor would see me for a consultation. I have been fighting this monster for almost 5 years. When I saw that there is a study with my rare cancers name I got excited. Maybe I might have a bit of a fighting chance. Here in Canada we have universal health but a lot of chemos are not covered and waiting for tests and appointments takes forever. I need a pet scan, but it has to be approved by the provincial government. I have been waiting 6weeks no answer. I need Avastin the chemo. It is FDA approved and covered for some type of cancers. I qualify because of platinum resistance, BUT our universal health system in Ontario says no. That is what I am fighting. I am 60 years old and I still have a lot of living to do, or at least, give me a bit of a fighting chance. As far as I know; cancers are not patient. Kathy