Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

dmred52
Participant

I was diagnosed with Stage 4b GCS in April of 2015. Surgery was not an option for me. I consulted with 6 major cancer centers with varied results. I was treated at 2 Cancer Centers before I found a knowledgeable and compassionate physician at Mass General Cancer Center with expertise in my diagnosis. My disease has been stable since August 2015 and I am taking Cyclophosfamide 50mg every day and receive an infusion of Avastin every 3 weeks. I am scanned every 3 months. With every scan, I hold my breath and hope for stability. I do not have remission but my cancer and I are co-existing.

This is a rotten cancer and some women do better than others. No one knows why. That is why I started the GCS Project. It is my hope that as a community of GCS Women, we can find solutions to enable us to live longer. Please share your stories here. What has worked for you? Where have you been treated? If you believe that your experience will help others, please share. I look forward to hearing from you.