Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

Allie
Participant

I was diagnosed in late February 2017 with carcinosarcoma stage 4b. One week later I had a radical hysterectomy and a laparotomy, followed by 8 weeks of carbo/taxol dose dense chemo. My second surgery to debulk the tumor(s) was on May 30 and am now receiving carbo/taxol every three weeks. My chemo was delayed after the 2nd surgery related to an infection – it looks like a hematoma (fluid collection) in my left peritoneal cavity which became infected with MRSA resulting in the placement of a series of drains. We are still battling the MRSA, but we forge ahead. I am being treated by Dr. Sue Davidson (surgeon) at Denver Health Medical Center and I receive my chemo at the University of Colorado Caner Center, Dr. Carolyn Lefkowits – the docs have been great including the gyn/onc residents and fellows. I am very thankful for this website, thank you for your efforts to connect us in this challenging journey.