Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

Diane Redington
Keymaster

Debbie, I was so happy to read about your treatment with Opdivo. The GCS Project is supporting the launch of a clinical trial with Opdivo and another agent and Avastin. The trial is under the direction of Dr. Michael Birrer at UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center. The trial is in the approval process and we hope it will be launched for carcinosarcoma patients. Your experience gives me hope.

Fo those who are not familiar with Opdivo, the generic name is Nivolamab. It is the category of PD1 blocker. (Programmed Death 1). It has been successful is some lung cancers, melanomas and some other cancers. It is not approved for our cancer yet.

Please share your results with us. I am going to pass on your experience to the research team.

Diane