Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

Anonymous
Inactive

My post menopausel 63 year old wife was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian MMMT in February 2017. She had a complete hysterectomy with removal of the lymph nodes above and below her uterus. After completing 6 rounds of carboplatin/taxol, her first post chemo CT scan showed new growth on another lymph node and a thickening of her lower bowel that is suspicous. She is being scheduled for a biopsy of the new growth. Her oncologist at Stanford is recommending a new round of Chemo using Ifosamide if her biopsy comes back postitive. She is also recommending clinical trials if there are any available. Does anyone know of any? We have family in LA, and Phoenix Arizona. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Has there been any new research studies released that we can look at? We are not giving up the fight, But I have not found any real encouraging news for this disease if the first round of Chemo doesn’t knock it out for a person in my wife’s particular demographic.