Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma Reply To: Please share your experiences with MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

Anonymous
Inactive

I am 60 years old and I was diagnosed in May 2017 with uterine MMMT/carcinosarcoma . My gynecologist referred me to Dr. Joyce Barlin at Women’s Cancer Care Center at St. Peter’s Hospital in Albany, New York which is just a 40 minute drive from my home. I had a robotic hysterectomy on June 9, 2017 and was staged 3C1. Two lymph nodes were removed and the cancer was found in just one. I started carbo/taxol treatments, one very twenty-eight days for a total of six. MY CA125 before surgery was 52 and after 1st treatment it was 18.5 and after my last treatment it was 13 and my CT scan was clear. I think I did well through my treatments after hearing about the hard times that others have had. My last chemo treatment was October 19, 2017. I still have the fatigue and some neuropathy in my feet but overall feeling pretty good now. I did meet with radiation oncologist and he suggested 30 rads but I chose not to do the radiation based on possible short/long term side effects vs. the reward. My gyn/onc/surgeon didn’t push for the radiation. I see my gyn/onc/surgeon on February 13th for my 3 month follow up since my last chemo.