Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: My story of Uterine Carcinosarcoma diagnosis from the UK

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story My story of Uterine Carcinosarcoma diagnosis from the UK Reply To: My story of Uterine Carcinosarcoma diagnosis from the UK

Diane Redington
Keymaster

Hello Teresa,
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have heard from many women in the UK who struggle to find doctors with GCS expertise and who have access to novel therapies. Your treatment with Carboplatin, Taxol and Avastin is novel. I have been on Avastin for a little over 2 years. It seems to hold a lot of promise. Please keep us in the loop. I am very interested to know how this combination works.

I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago with Stage 4b. I have been on a variety of chemo drugs which have been effective achieving stable disease. The cancer will not go away, so with the drugs, we co-exist. My quality of life is high and this allows me to work to raise money to find cures for all of us struggling with this disease.

Have your doctors talked to you about clinical trials? I am wondering about opportunities for clinical trials in the UK. This is where the cures will be found.

Thanks Teresa