Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: 862 days

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story 862 days Reply To: 862 days

Alicia Buckingham
Participant

Dan:

I am so sorry for your loss. Your wife sounds like an amazing woman and it is unfortunate that until recently, there was very little research on GCS. I lost my mother on March 12, 2018 to GCS, after a 6.5 year battle. Much like Lizzie, often you wouldn’t have been able to tell that my mother was fighting GCS (except for the hair loss of course). And again, like Lizzie, the end came fast and strong. We were blindsided, as was she. We thought everything was stable. Then…prognosis from doctors suddenly said “a few weeks, if that”. Every moment with your loved ones is a blessing, and must be treated as so.

I, too, am incredibly thankful for Diane Redington and her friends and family who have helped her to get GCS up and running, and for the doctors and researchers vigorously working. My mother was fortunate enough to meet Diane Redington in the last couple of years, and she and my family truly believed she was an angel. I am also deeply thankful for the project continuing, and for all of the love, support, and information/anecdotes that can be found here on this site. If I could reach out and hug every woman and family member that has to go through this, I would. Thank you for your story, and my deepest condolences for your loss. I hope there is one day an end to GCS, and all Cancer. The most important thing is HOPE.