Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: can you share your experience with ifosfamide? can we have a general discussion?

GCS Project Home Forum Chemo Treatments & Options can you share your experience with ifosfamide? can we have a general discussion? Reply To: can you share your experience with ifosfamide? can we have a general discussion?

denne
Participant

Thanks Brenda and Kathy,
Its so comforting to get responses from you … a life line really.
I get my next scan on the 15th and here goes the anxiety again. i expect many of us manage to live well in between those dreaded scans!
My “new normal” ( Who came up with that one?) is very manageable and I feel well after the first week. My hemoglobin and white count continue to be acceptable but are slowly trending downward. i don’t really know what constitutes bone marrow suppresion. Any info on that?
My doctor has mentioned lowering the dose or placing a little more time between the chemo…don’t know how to feel about that.
I also have hope with Avastin and cytosine.
Kathy, did Diane have IV cytosine and was it weekly?
Brenda, were side effects from IFEX too difficult or did you show signs of bone marrow suppression ? This had to be a difficult decision. I am taking only ibex and mesma at this time so far with good results.

Please write back as you can. I feel that we understand so much more for each other than others may and communication is helpful to us all!!

so sincerely… Linda Denne