Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

Lisa Myers
Participant

Wow Charmaine! You have been through the wringer! I am so sorry to hear about all you’re going through. I was diagnosed stage 3 in January and have had 2 of 6 rounds of chemo so far. I am so grateful for these forums so that we can share our experiences with those who are dealing with the same disease.
I too took Tamoxifen for 6 years. My oncologist says my pulmonary embolisms and this cardinosarcoma were caused by the Tamoxifen. I got so angry. I wanted to have a hysterectomy 6 years ago but was told it wasn’t necessary. Today, a hysterectomy is standard procedure for estrogen positive breast cancer.
I wish you well in your upcoming scans. This cancer is so scary. I know how you feel. It’s like a ticking time bomb. Please keep us updated here. There has not been a lot of communication on these forums lately, but recently you and another woman have started a thread. And there is another woman who checks these forums weekly. It’s good to have a place to talk to each other.