Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

denne
Participant

Charmaine,
so sorry to hear your story. the one thing we know on this site is that this cancer surely sucks but we can all least give advice and support!!
I can sympathize with you as I was also planning to schedule a hysterectomy in the fall 2017 but was instead diagnosed with GCS in August! This was 2 years after breast cancer. I did not take tamoxifen as I was post menopausal but I know there is a found relationship with tamoxifen and GCS. I have not counted but it seems that a disproportionate amount of women on this site have had a hx of breast cancer.
I also expected to survive as was stage 1 B but it returned in the lungs 6 months later. the good news is that iphosomide has almost shrunk these tumors to nothing! So I’ve decided to live to the fullest… bald and with a sense of humor I will continue this chemo every 3 weeks… until it doesn’t work anymore. I never know though when emotions will boil over unexpectedly and I’m sure you feel this pain! How did this happen with such a rare cancer?
You were not put on chemo after the surgery? I’m thinking that you must have had a stage 1 A? And you just finished carboplatin then? Keep hope… carbo did not work for me but the Ifos did! And hang in there!
Linda Denne

were you an carboplatin?