Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

Charmaine Coimbra
Participant

I’d like to thank each of you for responding to my post.

I appreciate Denne’s thought to live life to the fullest, bald and with a sense of humor. Yes, there doesn’t seem to much choice but to carry on. Carboplatin and Paclitaxel were my oncologist’s drugs of choice for me. Two of the tumors have reduced in size by over 30%. Now I wait for the next step. We missed one program available. So I await for a match with my genetics to another drug to keep the battle on.

Lisa has said it perfectly, I feel like a ticking time bomb.

At this point in time I’m trying to educate others about this cancer. With my journalism background, I’m inclined to write and informally educate. So I blogged “War! My Battle with Uterine Carcinosarcoma.” https://charmainecoimbra.com/2019/04/03/war-my-battle-with-uterine-carcinosarcoma/

I learned from that post that most of my women friends have never heard of this cancer. Mission accomplished. It helped me feel better.

I mentioned this website. And a few friends donated to cancer research at Mayo Clinic.

This is all fine, but there is so much more for me to understand in this literal change of life.

Meanwhile, I booked a pricey river cruise — something I would’ve never have done prior to this. Yes, taking life to the fullest and fighting to keep kicking the can down the road.