Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

denne
Participant

Dear Charmaine,
Sorry so long back to you. I find that I think about all the people on this site just about every day but i don’t always communicate. Hard to say why, but having this disease has made me step back a little. OK, a lot! Cancer is, of course, a disease but how does this happen when one in the top of their form? How many times do friends check in but hope to hear that everything is fine? Who can one relate with if it isn’t someone who suffers like us with the uncertainty and fear of cancer?
I think I may be trying to say ( after a couple glasses of wine!!) that I would like to hear how people on this site are doing!! Many of us are not curable.. that doesn’t mean that we don’t still live! Let’s feel free to communicate when we can. There is life here, ups and downs and this site may help us to see that!
Charmaine, I love your blog! Thanks for putting this out there! And do this cruise!!! One thing that is so important is living life in the present… wow who does that!! A positive thing about cancer is choosing to live the life that you were putting off and may never have gotten to.
And do you remember when cancer was a word that could never be spoken out loud? I think that would kill me!!!!
I am so glad that you are responding to treatment. I did not respond to carboplatin and had been hoping for a cure at stg 1B. That did not happen…devostating… but did respond to ifosmamide. And there is the possibility of avastin/cytoxin. There is hope here.
To close… I recently bought e bikes (electric bikes) to assist me going up hills in colorado. I feel amazing on them!! For however long it lasts… thank the heavens for this gift.
Please keep in touch.
Sincerely,
Linda Denne