Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco Reply To: From Uterine Carcinomasarcoma Poster Girl to Metasticized Uterine Carcinomasarco

Charmaine Coimbra
Participant

Wow. I don’t think I can aptly describe the gratitude that I feel from this support and knowing that there are other women who feel “like a ticking time bomb,” but have the will to move forward and make life worthy.

Last week I was able to educate a group of women about GCS, and I gave each of them a peach lapel pin. Just about all of the women there, all over the age of 60, said that they had never heard of GCS or the risk of any of the gyn cancers. Breast cancer (of which many, like myself, have survived) has been their focus.

I shared with them what I felt was one of my most important, albeit too late, experiences, to continue with their gyn exams even if their primary doctor says, “You don’t really need those any longer.” BS!!! If I had a gyn exam 3-4 years ago, I wouldn’t be on this page — maybe.

My wish is to continue to educate. Meanwhile, life has radically changed and I must move closer to where I can receive proper and knowledgeable treatment and be closer to my immediate family and let go of that bank book to take those crazy road adventures I so heathenry crave. LOL

Enough of me! I’m thrilled to meet other women in this circumstance (not that I want you in this circumstance — but here we are). Thank you.

May we all be blessed with science, dedicated researchers, hope, and love.