Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Dealing with recourrence and lack of treatments

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Dealing with recourrence and lack of treatments Reply To: Dealing with recourrence and lack of treatments

Margret Riboch
Participant

Dera Maria
How I can understand you! Also for relatives it is so hard to deal with the illness. Since my mum has the diagnosis, I took all medical decisions in my hands. It is a big help for here and for me it is important to have the opportunity to do it (I’m a nurse), but it is also a big responsibility. By the hysterectomy your mum had also removal of the lymph nodes? What kind of sarcoma has your mother? My mum is in stadium 3b (carcinosarcoma, the sarcoma is undifferentiated) and has finished the second cycle of Carbo/Taxol. After 4 cycles she will a CT-scan I’m so afraid that the tumor grows during the treatment. I contact a Prof. in Vienna to evaluate the option of Proton-Therapy us a adjuvant therapy, I’m still waiting for an answer. Maybe proton therapy would be an option for your mum, it gives more option then radiotherapy.