Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Reply To: Follow up control

GCS Project Home Forum General Discussions & Questions Follow up control Reply To: Follow up control

ann
Participant

My doctor recommended having one every three months for six months. He then recommended going to six months for two scans After that it was to be once a year. I was not satisfied with that – I did not want that cancer to come back and not get it early. I got CT scans every three months for the first year. I am now getting them done every four months through this second year. I will be at two years in October. I expect to go to the six month scan once I pass 2 years cancer free. Having scans that often has helped my peace of mind which is why I did that. I checked with the doctor and technicians about the radiation. They felt comfortable that I was not getting too much radiation from having the scans so often.

I am not recommending this course – I am just telling you what I did/am doing concerning scans. I chose to have the scans that often for my peace of mind! I do not know what is the right or wrong course concerning scans; I only did what I knew I wanted to do!

Let me know if I can be of any other help!

Ann