Our forum is experiencing technical difficulties with comments being displayed. We apologize for the inconvience.

Ann – My story

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story Ann – My story

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ann
      Participant

I was diagnosed April, 2017 with uterine cancer – carcinosarcoma. I had a total hysterectomy at the end of April. The biopsy showed that we had caught the tumor early and was contained in the uterus – nothing was found any where else. I was diagnosed at 1A level of cancer. Although we caught the tumor early, my readings online at that point said that chemotherapy was a necessity with this type of cancer. From May until September I received chemo treatments every three weeks. I had a scan at the end of September. I am currently cancer free. I go every two months for checkups and have scans every three months. I understand from what I have read that this cancer is very aggressive and likely to come back even though we caught it at an early stage.

I discovered this site in December. It has been a blessing to me. Finding a group of people who are dealing with the same cancer has been an encouragement to me. I read each story and learn from what you post. Thank you each for posting and for your perseverance, Diane, in founding this site to help others.
      I am located in Jackson, MS.

denne
      Participant

Ann,
      We are slow to respond when getting to know this website!
      I hope you remain cancer free. It’s so nice to hear some good outcomes and keep that joy going thru your life!
      Sincerely,
      Linda Denne

Betty Halpern
      Participant

Ann thanks for sharing your story, you give me hope. Hope you continue to do well.

ann
      Participant

Thank you both for your words of encouragement! I continue to do well! I continue to monitor this website, too, to try to encourage others! It helped me so much to know there are others walking on this road with me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.