Just Diagnosed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kathy 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Margaret
    Participant

Hi, my name is Margaret, I just had a biopsy that resulted in a carcinosarcoma diagnosis, I am having a complete hysterectomy on Friday, tomorrow. The CT scan did not reveal any spreading of the cancer. The mass measured about the size of a grape 2 weeks ago. I have been given no information on this, other than it is a high grade cancer, so of course I am searching the internet like crazy and it appears there is no good news. What I am seeing is that I have maybe 3 years left, 5 would be a miracle. Any real experience of how this goes would be greatly appreciated. My focus is now how to make the best of my time. I am healthy right now, I feel good so this is really hard to comprehend.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Margaret

Kathy
    Keymaster

Hi Margaret,

It’s very good that your cancer has been caught early. I hope surgery goes well – all the cancer is removed, and your recovery is smooth. One thing we stress is that it is vital to be treated by a gynecological oncologist (medical and/or surgical) who has significant experience treating women with carcinosarcoma – someone who sees more than just a few cases a year. There are general recommendations for treating carcinosarcoma and it is important to be carefully monitored (especially since the cancer may be resistant to first line therapy).
    It’s good that you are going into surgery feeling well. As you move ahead to chemotherapy, please keep in touch on the forum. Our community can help you as you move through chemo. It’s so important to advocate for yourself and bring along your family or a friend to help you.

Keep in touch.

All the best,
    Kathy Wilt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.