My diagnosis and treatment of MMMT

GCS Project Home Forum Share Your Story My diagnosis and treatment of MMMT

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Donnell Jones
      Participant

I was diagnosed with MMMT in the early months of 2018. I had a robotic surgery in July 0f 2018, removing my double uterus, tubes and ovaries as well as 10 lymph nodes. There was cancer in two of the ten lymph nodes. I followed up with 28 rounds of radiation and two chemo treatments, then 4 chemo treatments with Carboplantin/Taxol finishing 12/28/18. I have see the doctor’s NP once since then and I asked about a follow up scan and she said they don’t do scans but rather a thorough examination as part of their “Surviorship Plan”. I see the surgeon/oncologist on March 22, 2019 and I’m going to push for a follow up scan. All the research I’ve done says a follow up scan should be done. Anyone else had this issue or have you all had follow up scans?

ann
      Participant

I had a follow up scan and had scans throughout the first year after I took chemo. I rest better knowing I am having scans and can get a better picture of what is going on. They are expensive, but worth it to me. I do not rely on insurance.

Margret Riboch
      Participant

Dear Donnell
      I’m wondering how you are now. What for sideeffects did you have from radiation?
      Thank you!
      Margret

Marianne
        Participant

Margret – did you ever get a reply from Donnell?

Margret Riboch
      Participant

No, I’m also wandering how people are doing after treatment…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.