Login | Register

Forum

Forum

Diane Redington pas...

Notifications
Clear all

Diane Redington passed away on March 15, 2018 - but her legacy and the GCS Project lives on.

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@gcs_admin)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Diane (Dede) Redington, the beloved, inspirational founder of the GCS Project — dedicated to finding a cure for gynecological carsinosarcoma or MMMT — passed away on March 15, 2018. To honor Diane's valiant three-year battle and tireless efforts to find a cure for this rare, insidious disease, the GCS Project will continue to support her mission by providing hope with state-of-the-art medical and scientific information on the GCS website and its social media platforms and by raising significant funds for research.

Dr. Michael Birrer, director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, shared his thoughts about Diane's impact on him and his researchers: "I have never met a woman with the tenacity and vision Diane possessed. Not only did she work to find a cure for her cancer, she encouraged women diagnosed with GCS/MMMT to have hope — and to seek access the most effective treatments available worldwide. Diane was a powerful pioneer with a vibrant voice who fought to the end as she sought to fund research for the first clinical trial in the world to destroy this cancer. Diane was a relentless cancer warrior, and I personally intend to continue this generous woman's fight with our talented physicians and research team at UAB."

The GCS Project team reaffirms its commitment to finding a cure for this disease in honor of Diane and all those women we have lost too soon.

Now more than ever, The GCS Project needs your support. Please spread the word and https://www.z2systems.com/np/clients/gcsproject/donation.jsp?campaign=6&&test=true%20target=_blan k" target="_blank" rel="noopener">DONATE in honor of Diane's heroic fight - your donation is truly a vital gift to fund research to cure gynecologic carcinoscarcoma.

The GCS Project Team encourages the GCS community to continue to engage with the Forum and with each other. We will continue to do our best to bring relevant information on the science and clinical trials to support those with this hideous cancer.

We remain committed more than ever. Just as De would have wanted.

The GCS Project Team

Posted : 16/03/2018 2:08 pm
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

So very, very sad to hear about Diane’s passing. She was a true inspiration to us all and will continue to inspire us to work to find a cure. Prayers and kind thoughts for her family and friends. The world just lost an angel.

Posted : 17/03/2018 11:43 am
(@roreily)

So true the world just lost an angel. Such sad news about Diane. What will we do without her. Diane gave me hope. I was just devastated when I heard this announcement.

To Diane’s family and friends, how lucky you were to know her and have her in your lives. Wish I had known her personally however, I felt her warmth through the emails we shared.

My prayers and sympathy are with all of you who loved her.

Posted : 17/03/2018 2:24 pm
 ann
(@ann)
Trusted Member

Diane was the voice of hope to many of us with this cancer. It is hard to hear that she has lost her battle with this bad cancer. I am thankful for her work and her perseverance for a cure! We need to continue her fight! We need to be encouragers for each other!

Posted : 23/03/2018 7:35 am
(@cindy-rottkamp)

I was so saddened to hear of Diane's passing. She was an inspiration to so many of us women who have been diagnosed with GYN Carcinosarcoma. Diane was a bold and brave visionary who loved life and was determined to find a cure. Thank God her legacy lives on through the GCS Project! I wish to extend my prayers and deepest condolences to Diane's family and I encourage those of us who have this disease to spread the word about the GCS Project. We must keep funding for the research viable and ongoing. I pray for Dr. Birrer and his team every day to make strides in their research and discover new treatments. The fight is not over! Thank you Diane, for your hard work and persistence. We will never forget you!

Posted : 24/03/2018 1:59 pm
(@denne)
Eminent Member

I have been monitoring this site since my diagnosis last August (17).
Finding this site and finding Dianes's ability to communicate with honesty and hope helped to give me the strength I needed to move forward. I wish I had told her so. She was a warrior. And a beautiful woman. I happened to google something about carcinoma sarcoma the other day and up came her picture. To me this represented a tribute to her intellect, courage, openness, compassion and dedication to this cause.
My condolences go to her family and loved ones. I also feel touched by her and struck by her loss.
Thank you Diane Redington. You will be missed here on earth!

Linda Denne

Posted : 01/05/2018 3:25 pm
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I have been monitoring this site since my diagnosis last August (17).
Finding this site and finding Dianes’s ability to communicate with honesty and hope helped to give me the strength I needed to move forward. I wish I had told her so.

Posted : 29/07/2020 6:03 am
 Mike
(@yonking78gmail-com)

I'm so saddened by the demise of Diane. She was an inspiration to all of us. Lots of prayers for her family and friends.

Regards,
Mike
King yon medical

Posted : 21/07/2021 9:06 am
(@karen_metzinger)
Member Moderator

Thank you for your kind words about Diane. She was truly an inspiration to so many and is missed by her devoted family and friends. The GCS Project continues to honor Diane by working  for a cure in her memory.

Please share a link to our website with all who would like to support Diane's mission.

Take care,
Karen

Posted : 21/07/2021 12:48 pm
Share:

News and Events