4 Users
0 Likes
(@cindy-rottkamp)
Topic starter

IBM Watson Genomics Tumor Testing

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:31 am
(@stephanie)

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone considered or had experience in using the testing offered by Quest Diagnostics for treatment plan(s) and comparison of second opinions?

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/patients/tests-a-z/ibm-watson-genomics

Additional information from brochure in link

What is Watson Genomics from Quest Diagnostics? Watson Genomics is ground-breaking cancer diagnostics that combines: Quest’s state-of-the-art tumor analysis, IBM Watson’s cognitive computing, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s expertise, with Research support from The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard Which patients may benefit from this test? Watson Genomics from Quest Diagnostics is for cancer patients with a solid tumor, and may especially benefit patients with: Certain rare tumor types, Tumors of unknown primary origin, Metastatic or locally advanced cancer, Tumors with no actionable mutations found through guideline-driven testing

How the test works 1. Quest Diagnostics analyzes the genetic mutations of your patient’s tumor biopsy. 2. IBM Watson compares the mutations against leading science and therapies. 3. Quest medical experts review, validate, and report the results to you with insight into personalized, targeted treatment options and clinical trials that may be appropriate. 4. You and your patient develop a targeted treatment plan that is tailored to him or her.

Thank you, Stephanie and Karin

Posted : 14/08/2017 6:00 pm
(@diane)
Member Moderator

This is so interesting. I am going to follow up and learn more. Sounds groundbreaking!

Thank you for sharing.

Diane

Posted : 15/08/2017 5:23 pm
(@stephanie)

Attached is a PDF of the Quest Diagnostics Brochure. Not sure if it can be viewed on the discussion board but thought I would try.

Stephanie

Posted : 16/08/2017 6:53 am
(@stephanie)

Attached

1503696754-IBM-Watson

Posted : 25/08/2017 5:32 pm
(@cindy-rottkamp)
Topic starter

This looks like a great resource, thanks for sharing this information. Do you know how it compares to Foundation One? I am having surgery in a matter of days and I discussed having my tumor tissue analyzed for chemo sensitivity. Is this the same thing? My surgeon said he could send my sample to Foundation One. It appears that the IBM Watson Genomics test is different having to do with mutations. I would like to try both. Anyone have any experience with this?

Posted : 06/12/2017 11:19 pm
Share:

News and Events