Clear all

What has worked for you?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@diane)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I was diagnosed with GCS in April 2015. Here is the treatment that I received and how it worked:
1. Carboplatin and Taxol for 2 months. Under care of Dr. Alpa Nick at MD Anderson. Result was disease progression.

2. Ifosfamide and Mesna at MD Anderson for 5 months under care of Dr. Alpa Nick. Result was stable disease but bone marrow suppression.

3. Transfered care to Dr. Michael Birrer at Mass General Cancer Center. Changed chemo to cyclophosphamide and avastin. Result was stable disease for 1 year and 10 months.

4. In October 2017, mild amount of disease progression. Switched to Gemcitobine and Cisplatin. Bone marrow suppression after 1 cycle.

5. In December 2017, switched to weekly taxol and every 3 week Avastin. Scan showed mild disease progression.

6. In February, treatment team is exploring clinical trials. Decided to enroll in a study called: A Study Exploring the Safety and Efficacy of INCAGN01949 in Combination With Immune Therapies in Advanced or Metastatic Malignancies. There is a 28 day washout period along with a lot of testing to verify eligibility. If all goes well for me, I will start the treatment at the end of February.

I hope that others will share their experiences. Chemo and clinical trials.
We are eager to see what works for people and what therapies are not successful. I realize that people respond in a different way but we would really like to discover what works for people.
Thank You

Posted : 10/02/2018 6:32 am
(@josehueni)

This is very helpful. It looks like cyclophosphamide and avastin is the second defense.

Posted : 25/06/2018 4:46 am
Share:

News and Events