Ann - My story

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 ann
(@ann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I was diagnosed April, 2017 with uterine cancer - carcinosarcoma. I had a total hysterectomy at the end of April. The biopsy showed that we had caught the tumor early and was contained in the uterus - nothing was found any where else. I was diagnosed at 1A level of cancer. Although we caught the tumor early, my readings online at that point said that chemotherapy was a necessity with this type of cancer. From May until September I received chemo treatments every three weeks. I had a scan at the end of September. I am currently cancer free. I go every two months for checkups and have scans every three months. I understand from what I have read that this cancer is very aggressive and likely to come back even though we caught it at an early stage.

I discovered this site in December. It has been a blessing to me. Finding a group of people who are dealing with the same cancer has been an encouragement to me. I read each story and learn from what you post. Thank you each for posting and for your perseverance, Diane, in founding this site to help others.
I am located in Jackson, MS.

Posted : 20/02/2018 3:35 am
(@denne)
Eminent Member

Ann,
We are slow to respond when getting to know this website!
I hope you remain cancer free. It's so nice to hear some good outcomes and keep that joy going thru your life!
Sincerely,
Linda Denne

Posted : 26/07/2018 10:10 am
(@nursebetty1)

Ann thanks for sharing your story, you give me hope. Hope you continue to do well.

Posted : 26/07/2018 3:05 pm
 ann
(@ann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you both for your words of encouragement! I continue to do well! I continue to monitor this website, too, to try to encourage others! It helped me so much to know there are others walking on this road with me.

Posted : 31/07/2018 6:59 am
Share:

News and Events