Notifications
Clear all

My mom's story

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@stevendorf)
Topic starter

My mother is a 71 year young woman who recently has been diagnosed with Stage 4C ovarian carcinosarcoma. She lived an extremely healthy lifestyle and was in great shape. After her successful surgery of removing all the cancer the doc could see, she developed and anastomic leak in her rectum. She has been hospitalized now for 30 days in MSK in NYC. She is coming home tomorrow and we meet with the Medical Oncologist next Monday. Has anyone experienced something like this. I worried they won't start chemo with the leak. Praying for my mom.

Her son Steven

Posted : 19/02/2018 4:46 am
(@diane)
Member Moderator

Hello Stephen,
I am sorry to hear of your mother's diagnosis and complications. I believe that you are likely in good hands at MSK. However, do not hesitate to obtain a second opinion if you are not comfortable with her treatment team or treatment recommendations.

I cannot respond to the leak complications. However, it seems like the cancer is a bigger problem than the leak so I hope she is able to start chemo soon.

There is always hope. I was diagnosed at stage 4b and 3 years later I am still doing well. Like your mother I was is good health and worked hard to stay healthy. I think that will work well in her favor.

Please let us know how she is doing.

Posted : 20/02/2018 4:01 am
(@denne)
Eminent Member

Steven, do you have any update regarding your Mom?
I would hope that she is successfully on chemo and I will add her to my prayers and positive thoughts. What is her name Steven?

I think we all went through some shock and much sadness after Diane's passing and we should pick up and stay in touch on this site as she would have wanted. It is a valuable site for us all!
Linda Denne

Posted : 05/06/2018 8:54 am
Share:

News and Events