Notifications
Clear all

My diagnosis and treatment of MMMT

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@donnellabella)
Topic starter

I was diagnosed with MMMT in the early months of 2018. I had a robotic surgery in July 0f 2018, removing my double uterus, tubes and ovaries as well as 10 lymph nodes. There was cancer in two of the ten lymph nodes. I followed up with 28 rounds of radiation and two chemo treatments, then 4 chemo treatments with Carboplantin/Taxol finishing 12/28/18. I have see the doctor's NP once since then and I asked about a follow up scan and she said they don't do scans but rather a thorough examination as part of their "Surviorship Plan". I see the surgeon/oncologist on March 22, 2019 and I'm going to push for a follow up scan. All the research I've done says a follow up scan should be done. Anyone else had this issue or have you all had follow up scans?

Posted : 16/01/2019 5:40 am
 ann
(@ann)
Trusted Member

I had a follow up scan and had scans throughout the first year after I took chemo. I rest better knowing I am having scans and can get a better picture of what is going on. They are expensive, but worth it to me. I do not rely on insurance.

Posted : 24/01/2019 1:00 am
(@margret)
Eminent Member

Dear Donnell
I'm wondering how you are now. What for sideeffects did you have from radiation?
Thank you!
Margret

Posted : 17/07/2019 10:57 am
(@mariannekramer1comcast-net)

Margret - did you ever get a reply from Donnell?

Posted : 04/12/2019 4:33 am
(@margret)
Eminent Member

No, I'm also wandering how people are doing after treatment...

Posted : 04/12/2019 11:12 am
(@funexcrypto)

No, I'm also wandering how people are doing after treatment...

Posted : 08/08/2023 5:52 am
Share:

News and Events