Notifications
Clear all

My story

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@skuhar918)
Topic starter

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Carcinosarcoma in Sept 2018. I am 47 which I understand is relatively young to be diagnosed. The cancer source was ovarian, I had surgery in which they did a full hysterectomy, removed a small tumor from my liver, my diaphragm, the omentum and near my spleen. Surgery removed all the cancer spots and thankfully it had not gone to my lymph nodes. I started chemo (Carboplatin/taxol and avastin) in Oct and just finished my 6th and last chemo in mid Jan. As of now, I am cancer free but my doc and I agreed I'd remain on Avastin every 3 weeks for the time being as she said it's a very aggressive cancer and we will do everything we can to keep it from coming back. Has anyone else had success with Avastin? Everything I've read seems positive, but curious if there are other maintenance protocols or treatments out there? I am thrilled there is a site for this and I was excited to see other women dealing with the same things. Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Posted : 01/02/2019 5:38 am
 ann
(@ann)
Trusted Member

I am glad to hear your news of no cancer!! Always a good thing to hear!! I have not tried Avastin, although, too, have read good things about it. I was diagnosed with uterine carcinoma/sarcoma in 2017. I took the same treatments you did but not the Avastin. I have been cancer-free for 14 months for which I am very thankful! I did not take any other treatments since I finished my initial treatments, but I did go for doctor visits and scans every three months to stay on top of the cancer. I do not have insurance, so I paid out of pocket, but keeping an eye on the return of cancer was worth it to me!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Posted : 01/02/2019 8:30 am
(@lisa5391)
Eminent Member

Sarah,
What you’ve been through, but now cancer free! That’s awesome news! I just shared my story today. I’m stage 3 and haven’t started chemo yet. Had my hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. This forum is so important so that we can support each other! Keep us posted!

Posted : 02/02/2019 3:18 pm
Share:

News and Events