Notifications
Clear all

My Journey

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ljbmay2018)
Topic starter

I am from South Africa and newly diagnosed with MMMT. I have had major surgery with total hysterectomy and removal of the omentum. I am going to be starting chemo in 6 weeks. Although we have amazing drs here, MMMT is an extremely rare condition for them. I would like to ask what the most successful chemo agents are to be used presently. My oncologist is very open to suggestions and she is willing to import meds if we do not have them available here. Time is of the essence so any responses will be much appreciated.

Posted : 08/06/2018 2:44 am
(@wiltke)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this and hope that you are recovering well from surgery. I've reached out to our experts here to see if there are resources for your physician. Can you provide some additional information? Is this ovarian or uterine carcinosarcoma? Has this been staged?

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best to you,

Kathy Wilt
Secretary, GCS Project Board of Directors

Posted : 08/06/2018 6:27 am
(@wiltke)
Eminent Member

Hello again,

Please share with your physician that our physician consultants note that they almost always recommend 6 cycles of carboplatin/paclitaxel without radiation as the first line for patients with carcinosarcoma – both uterine and ovarian.

Dr. Arend, one of our physician consultants, has provided several articles for you to share with your physician. These include:
1) The NCCN guidelines - the guidelines include treatment for “carcinosarcoma of the endometrium,” although they are sometimes a bit confusing to follow.

2) A copy of a paper by Dr. Rebecca Arend, which reviews advanced endometrial cancer, but it does not include carcinosarcoma.

3) A recent review of the literature on carcinosarcoma.

I have added all three articles to the website under "Resources."

I hope that you are doing well and that this information is helpful.

All the best,
Kathy

Posted : 15/06/2018 7:24 am
Share:

News and Events