Notifications
Clear all

My story of Fallopian Tube Cancer

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@janetjung)
Topic starter

I was diagnosed with high grade serous cancer, and carcinosarcoma of the right Fallopian tube this last fall, 2017. I was diagnosed after the Surgery and subsequently needed a second surgery for staging.
I am currently being treated with chemo, carbo/ taxol. Fortunately there were no metastasis anywhere else. Do you ladies on this website only have carcinosarcoma?
Janet in LA

Posted : 14/02/2018 11:33 am
(@lspashyahoo-com)

Janet,
I live in Orange County and am curious who you go to for treatment.

Posted : 16/02/2018 8:13 am
(@janetjung)
Topic starter

I am receiving treatment at USC Norris cancer center. I am curious if all the ladies on this site have only carcinosarcoma or a combination of serous cancer and carcinosarcoma. Has anyone had genetic testing?

Posted : 18/02/2018 4:23 am
(@diane)
Member Moderator

Hello Janet,
This website focuses on any Gynecological Carcinosarcoma. That includes Ovarian, Uterine, Fallopian Tube, Vaginal or any other gynecological site.

I am glad that your cancer was found early. As you know, it is the rarest of the rare.

I have sent tumor samples to Foundation One on two separate occasions. Unfortunately, my profile showed few mutations and therefore few targets. That is not unusual with GCS. I have also had testing for what is called germline mutations which are mutation that we are born with. It also cam back negative. But there must be some mutational driver so we keep looking.

Thank you for sharing your story. Please keep in touch.

Posted : 20/02/2018 3:55 am
Share:

News and Events