Notifications
Clear all

My Story of MMMT/Carcinosarcoma

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I am 60 years old and I was diagnosed in May 2017 with uterine MMMT/carcinosarcoma . My gynecologist referred me to Dr. Joyce Barlin at Women’s Cancer Care Center at St. Peter’s Hospital in Albany, New York which is just a 40 minute drive from my home. I had a robotic hysterectomy on June 9, 2017 and was staged 3C1. Two lymph nodes were removed and the cancer was found in just one. I started carbo/taxol treatments, one very twenty-eight days for a total of six. MY CA125 before surgery was 52 and after 1st treatment it was 18.5 and after my last treatment it was 13 and my CT scan was clear. I think I did well through my treatments after hearing about the hard times that others have had. My last chemo treatment was October 19, 2017. I still have the fatigue and some neuropathy in my feet but overall feeling pretty good now. I did meet with radiation oncologist and he suggested 30 rads but I chose not to do the radiation based on possible short/long term side effects vs. the reward. My gyn/onc/surgeon didn’t push for the radiation. I see my gyn/onc/surgeon on February 13th for my 3 month follow up since my last chemo.

Due to the fatigue and neuropathy it is very difficult to adhere to a regular schedule. I have other health issues as well so I have decided that it is best for me if I don't return to work so I can rest when needed and remove some stress from my life. I am taking my pension and retiring early. This is not exactly how I pictured retiring after a 42 year career but I am thankful for every day God gives me.

Posted : 04/02/2018 6:10 am
(@diane)
Member Moderator

Hello Sandra,
Thanks again for posting on the forum and sharing your story. I hope your scan on Feb 13th is a good one. We would like to hear the results if you are willing to share. It is so helpful to know what works for other women in our community.

Best to you for a good scan.
Diane

Posted : 04/02/2018 8:05 am
Share:

News and Events