Notifications
Clear all

Coping with a GCS Diagnosis

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@motherblogger)
Topic starter

I've wound up sharing my UCS experience on social media more than I had expected. After completing the carboplatin/taxil regime, we began Doxil. I've had four Doxil infusions with mixed results thus far. The one mass that so rapidly impacted my jejunum has gone rogue and is not responding to Doxil, while the pelvic masses are responding. The challenge is that the "bad boy" mass is causing havoc with my entire digestive system, leaving me with the options of nothing by TPN nightly and occasion blood transfusions. I'm getting to know our local Emergency Room personnel by first name.

Next week, a surgery is planned to remove the mass. It's a delicate surgery. But I've faith in both my oncologist and the oncology surgeon. Surgery at this point is my only option.

My friends and other cancer patients have asked me over and over how I manage to stay upbeat and positive. I had to think about that, and the response to my reply has been amazing.

So, I thought I'd share what I wrote about this ability to cope with my diagnosis. I make no attempt to professionally advise others, it's simply how I cope with unpleasant realities.

http://charmainecoimbra.com/2019/10/12/coping-with-unpleasant-realities/

Posted : 12/10/2019 7:13 am
(@wiltke)
Eminent Member

Hi Charmaine,
Thinking of you as you get ready for surgery to remove the "bad boy" in the small intestine and hoping that your recovery goes well. We take eating for granted until something like this comes along. You must feel awful, and yet reading your post, "Coping with Unpleasant Realities," one would never guess.

Thank you for sharing the post. Your words are inspirational and relevant for all. I tried to post a comment on The Muse Pallet, but I couldn't get it to work for me. You've inspired me to work harder on taking time to meditate and calm those crazy monkeys in my brain.

Keep in touch.
Kathy

Posted : 17/10/2019 10:14 am
(@wiltke)
Eminent Member

Hi Charmaine,
Thinking of you as you get ready for surgery to remove the "bad boy" in the small intestine and hoping that your recovery goes well. We take eating for granted until something like this comes along. You must feel awful, and yet reading your post, "Coping with Unpleasant Realities," one would never guess.

Thank you for sharing the post. Your words are inspirational and relevant for all. I tried to post a comment on The Muse Pallet, but I couldn't get it to work for me. You've inspired me to work harder on taking time to meditate and calm those crazy monkeys in my brain.

Keep in touch.
Kathy

Posted : 17/10/2019 10:14 am
Share:

News and Events