Notifications
Clear all

Financial Assistance-Immunotherapy

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@shcolwell)
Topic starter

Hi, everyone! I am wondering if any of you have any experience gaining expanded access use, or compassionate use for Nivolumab. My wife Karen has Uterine GCS, Stage 4, and it has been recommended by the doctors at Dana Farber that she be treated with a Parp inhibitor and Nivolumab. Unfortunately, since both are off label for her disease, her insurance will not pay, and we are very concerned that Bristol Meyer Squibb will not be able to offer her Nivolumab at a reduced cost. There are no open trials right now for a PARP and Nivolumab, so we are running up against a wall, and of course, time. Does anyone have any experience with groups, non-profits, foundations, etc which provide financial assistance for medications? Thank you!!!! Suzanne

Posted : 12/10/2018 10:06 am
(@wiltke)
Eminent Member

Hi Suzanne,
I shared your post with Dr. Birrer. He noted that Merck has a compassionate release program and suggests that Karen switch to pembrolizumab (Keytruda). Pembrolizumab (Keytruda) is a checkpoint inhibitor, as is nivolumab (Opdivo). Talk to her physician about the compassionate use program at Merck and getting some help with this. Keep in touch.
Kathy

Posted : 13/10/2018 9:54 am
(@shcolwell)
Topic starter

Thank you, Kathy! I asked the nurse for the local oncologist if they would consider switching to Keytruda, but have yet to hear a response--I will let her know what Dr. Birrer said--maybe they can let me go after it, since I am a LOT faster!! :-). Thank you again!

Posted : 16/10/2018 2:37 am
Share:

News and Events