Clear all

Stage 4B treatments / Relation between NF1 and Uterine Carcinossarcoma

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mmfragoso)
Topic starter

Dear all,

I am married to a patient diagnosed with Endometrial Carcinosarcoma stage IV B (FIGO) in September. She is 37 years old and also is affected by Neurofibromatosis Type I.

We suppose that the very first symptom was a abortion right in the beginning of a pregnancy. It occurred in last February.

She was disrecommended to have a surgery because of the high stage of her disease. Therefore, she is now treated with neo-adjuvant chemotherapy (Taxol + Carboplatine). She has just had the third chemotherapy application, but the doctors think the disease is still evolving.

So, I have some questions. Is there any novel therapy to be applied to her case such as immunotherapy or target therapy?

Do you think her cancer could be associated to Neurofibromatosis? How could this association affect the options for treatment?

I would thank you in advance for your help and for your attention.

Kind regards.

Posted : 20/12/2018 9:26 am
(@wiltke)
Eminent Member

Hi Manuel,
I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's conditions. I am passing your questions along to one of our physicians and will reply to you privately via email, since the questions are unique to her situation.
My best to you and your wife.
Kathy Wilt
Secretary, Board of Directors

Posted : 26/12/2018 7:45 am
Share:

News and Events